Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another project in the pipeline...

I'm looking for a EATX or ATX Z270 motherboard that will eventually be white (either by painting part of it or by using one that is already white). I want to go with an ATX or EATX motherboard because the new case is pretty big and a mATX or mITX would look awkward in the case.

That being said, I have found a few motherboards:

I'm tempting by the MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC since it's pretty cheap compared to the other motherboards but noticed that it will only support crossfire. Considering that I will most likely buy a NVIDIA card, would you still recommend me to go with that motherboard? I doubt I will ever have multiple GPUs... In addition, I have not found any build using that motherboard. I wonder if I'm missing something here...

What do you think?

How do you usually pick a motherboard?

Do you prefer the performance, the features/functionalities, the aesthetic or the best bang for the buck?

I'm planning to run my loop in serial with the dual d5 pump top by Bitspower. This kit will be installed in the bottom chamber of the case and no one will really see it...

I'm wondering if I can use the large stock body from my 2x D5 vario instead of buying 2x D5 dressing kit. Do you think it will fit?

Quote Originally Posted by easynator View Post
    I'm planning to run my loop in serial with the dual d5 pump top by Bitspower. This kit will be installed in the bottom chamber of the case and no one will really see it...

I'm wondering if I can use the large stock body from my 2x D5 vario instead of buying 2x D5 dressing kit. Do you think it will fit?
    It looks like it will fit.

http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/as...jsg7d.jpg.html

Easy: I can confirm that too, since I had dual D5's in the same top before Daz came out with reasonably priced dressing kits. Not much gap in the middle between the 2 rings, but they fit.