Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryzen Shine

Ryzen Shine

Just testing, but will get this water cooled soon.

I'll wait till Daz is a bit less busy before ordering some goodies for this.

So far here's what I gots:

1) Ryzen 1700 - OC'd to 3.7-3.8 on all cores
    2) Asus Prime X370 Pro
    3) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3000 32GB (2x16) kit - so far at 2666mhz
    4) EVGA Superclocked ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 - still working on OC
    5) NZXT modded S340 white
    6) Samsung 840 EVO 512GB boot drive
    7) Seagate 4TB drive (under PSU shroud)

Water cooling:

1) EK Supremacy with AM4 bracket - Probably white (have to order)
    2) EK FC 1080 nickel plexi (will try and use stock EVGA backplate), have to order block from Daz!
    3) DDC 3.1 pump with Bitspower black chrome housing
    4) Bitspower 150mm reservoir with clear Z-CAP III with triple openings and Bitspower compact white stop fittings
    5) All Bitspower or Darkside white 12mm hard tube fittings
    6) Bitspower white 12mm hard tube (bought from Daz) or possible chromed tubes with angled fittings (still thinking on this one)
    7) Either 360mm white front radiator or 280mm radiator and 240mm top radiator

So far working on my test bench (haha the Asus Prime mobo box)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k39...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HE9...ew?usp=sharing

Very impressed with the stock cooler that came with the Ryzen 1700. With the chip at 3.8 Ghz at on all cores with 1.35 volts, it reached maximum 70 celsius and mostly was in the high 60s without the fan at 100%. So far the card is in the 2000mhz range with fans only at 45% and 56 celsius on the GPU. RAM was able to go to 2666mhz with the DOCP.

Fancy RGB lighting on the cooler that can be controller by Asus Aura junk ware
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Wow nice rig. So you can vouch for that Wraith cooler eh? I was thinking of plopping a FX-8370 with the Wraith cooler in my old Mobo for the old lady for quietness. This H100i is pretty loud and the dropping the Prices across the board for the older CPU's

Love the name 10e!! Great stuff! If I have any money left over after the lawyers rape me on my new house purchase, I'm getting a Ryzen rig too, sans GPU since I don't want to support Nvidia ever again. Trying to hold out for Vega, since the 1080Ti is overpriced hand-me-down-old-tech JUNK. Albeit very fast junk.

Looking forward to this.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Looking good! I have not got my mobo yet, (same one) looks awesome with the wraith cooler! I also bought some gskill trident to go with it, but I got the white inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ's PC's View Post
    mobo box the test bench of champions
    And those who have been bitten by having forgot to remove a stand off from a previous motherboard install...
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    And those who have been bitten by having forgot to remove a stand off from a previous motherboard install...
    you have had a bad experience I gather.....lol

I plan to use angled fittings in chrome or black chrome with chrome pipes from Daz. I might try my hand at bending them (I have some shorter samples) but I still have a fair number of black chrome Bitspower fittings in my box, just have to get some dual/triple rotary ones for some of the loop.

I also think a clear nickel backplate on the video card will look good. I love the chrome/white combination because it can be lit in various ways giving interesting reflections, whether RGB or not, thus the "Shine" in Ryzen Shine. I will only use Dazmode protector in the liquid.

I'm also thinking that I will strip the steel plates on the rads and shine them up and clear coat them so they are mirror-like. In addition the shroud on the S340 will probably get a similar treatment. I have some sanding and cleaning up to do on it anyway, and I want to mod it a bit more. I also have mirror-acrylic that might come in useful.

I might go with EK SE or PE radiators. I don't think this rig will over power a 240mm and 360mm radiator combination, even with the relatively lower performance of these slim rads. The steel plates on these rads are regular steel/chrome coloured under the paint.

Hah! Mobo box but no conductive static bag underneath. And I've put fewer than needed stand-offs, but never too many. That's usually not a good thing, Izerous/EZ!

Quote Originally Posted by MemBusX View Post
    Wow nice rig. So you can vouch for that Wraith cooler eh? I was thinking of plopping a FX-8370 with the Wraith cooler in my old Mobo for the old lady for quietness. This H100i is pretty loud and the dropping the Prices across the board for the older CPU's
    Yes this is the Wraith "spire" cooler and so far I'm super impressed. I got the chip's voltage down to 1.29 volts for 3.8 Ghz, which is only about .075-.1 volts more than stock and it's lowered core temps by 2-3 celsius on a whole. I think the 1800X comes with a larger version of this cooler, but the FX chips with the Wraith cooler get the upgraded version which has heat pipes and more heat dissipation, and apparently is also quite silent.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Look like a great build. subs