Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Workstation Overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
    My main rig is still x79. Long lived platform FTW! Looking good as always EZ!
    ya man rock a 3930k with the board, a r9 290, a 240gb boot and 2 tb mass storage. Not a crazy huge workstation but does great for photo editing and doin 3d renders. not lookin at an upgrade for awhile I feel.

it did not feel much after i moved to x99 on main rig. x79 is till have some legs that is for sure.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Quote Originally Posted by DazMode View Post
    it did not feel much after i moved to x99 on main rig. x79 is till have some legs that is for sure.
    ya if I were to go to x99 it would prob be for the looks. but thats an expensive style upgrade lol.

So got some more done on the workstation overhaul. Managed to get front panel finished. Just need to paint fan blades gold. Debating on doing some kind of design with black vinyl on the gold panels but undecided still.

Oh and was speaking with snef.....and I think he has convinced me to finally do my own cable sleeving and I think this project would be great to start with a nice gold and black colour scheme. Now if I blow up my house and myself......I blame Snef hahahaha

Dooo eeeett! Is not too hard but it takes more time than I have nowadays. GL!

Loving that gold man

Gold looks great

I can get you combs in same color...
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Looks good.

Hey if you need a gold back plate for the R9 290 and it's reference, you could have my EK R9 290 one for price of shipping, like $15.00 or something. I have one from my old S340 build where the Asrock board exploded two months after warranty was up. I'm sure I still have all the screws and packaging for it.

Just realized that I did black/gold a while back.

Looks great. I'm not a huge fan of the P400 aesthetically but I like the front mods you've done to it, moreso this time around as it is less over-the-top and more elegant IMHO.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by 10e View Post
    Looks good.

Hey if you need a gold back plate for the R9 290 and it's reference, you could have my EK R9 290 one for price of shipping, like $15.00 or something. I have one from my old S340 build where the Asrock board exploded two months after warranty was up. I'm sure I still have all the screws and packaging for it.

Just realized that I did black/gold a while back.

Looks great. I'm not a huge fan of the P400 aesthetically but I like the front mods you've done to it, moreso this time around as it is less over-the-top and more elegant IMHO.
    Bro that would be so awesome, Ill pm you. Thanks so much hope its not too much a headache for ya. I dont mind giving you a lil extra for it also