Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ModmyMods.....uh....pro mod for Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

ModmyMods.....uh....pro mod for Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

For those (like me) who consider the air flow on the top panel to be sub-par on the Evolv ATX, they have a mod for it which opens it up, and looks decent. I can't tell what the filter material is, but getting a modmesh or hex mesh in steel or aluminum and securing it to the top panel would be trivial for most of the pros around here.

So now you don't have to slice and dice the case to fix the airflow problems!!!!

https://modmymods.com//custom-servic...case-mods.html
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Really nice, I wish they had something for other models. One day, I guess...
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Awesome news, too bad I don't own that case anymore lol

Banned
    So, somebody would pay $80 on top of the already $180 price tag for that? That is just outright insane. Money would have to be no object, and that person completely useless to have to buy that.

Just my opinion.

I would normally agree with that Xman, but the 3mm thick aluminum is going to cost you that in Dremel discs if you want to modify it on your own.

The unfortunate part is that the stock top has very poor airflow, but what people forget is that if you forego the aluminum shell, the Enthoo Pro M is 100% the exact same chassis without the airflow problems, and just has a steel/plastic, or steel/plastic/glass exterior and costs like $120.00 Cdn.

Oh, and that's $80.00 USD, or $120.00 Cdn
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

A Hundred bucks are nothing these days. One trip to groceries.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 10e View Post
    I would normally agree with that Xman, but the 3mm thick aluminum is going to cost you that in Dremel discs if you want to modify it on your own.

The unfortunate part is that the stock top has very poor airflow, but what people forget is that if you forego the aluminum shell, the Enthoo Pro M is 100% the exact same chassis without the airflow problems, and just has a steel/plastic, or steel/plastic/glass exterior and costs like $120.00 Cdn.

Oh, and that's $80.00 USD, or $120.00 Cdn
    If it cost me more than $20 to cut out that top, I would give up modding forever. Furthermore, for $80, I would expect a custom pattern cut.

Again, just out right laziness, and no creativeness required.

For about $20 or less, a person could bring it to a shop and have it custom cut, with precision, on a water table. But there must be a shit ton of lazy people out there if they are selling. Or hoping to anyways. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
    If it cost me more than $20 to cut out that top, I would give up modding forever. Furthermore, for $80, I would expect a custom pattern cut.

Again, just out right laziness, and no creativeness required.

For about $20 or less, a person could bring it to a shop and have it custom cut, with precision, on a water table. But there must be a shit ton of lazy people out there if they are selling. Or hoping to anyways. LOL
    You are saying that someone can go to a local machine shop and have a custom aluminum panel cut for less than 20 dollars? If so, shop name please because there are many things I would love to have done at that price.

There is a lot that went into the cover.
    For starters, it was cut using a CNC machine, you're not going to get the nice crisp clean cut with a Dremel or a jig saw that they have done, Especially not twice.
    The top has been anodised to perfectly match the case. The filter is perforated steel.

Many will pay $100 Canadian for such an item because they don't have the time, the tools, the know-how. They just want better airflow in a case that they didn't want to mod in the first place.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.