Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: FacePalm of the day

Similar issue last summer lost my 20yrs safe driving.
    I was pissed.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodead View Post
    Went out to get breakfast this morning, 5 min drive from my house, rear end this super old guy on the way home.
    Now its not as bad as it sounds, I was going maybe 2-3kph, it was more of a light bump. There was no damage on either car except for a little dirt pushed into the paint which I wiped off my car. He's going off though about his neck and how the bumper needs to be replaced, and the car has new paint (it did not, it was like a 95 merc slk worth less than my jetta probably) He started accelerating after a yield sign so I turned my head to shoulder check but he had stopped so I rolled into his car. Best case secenario; bodyshop finds no damage and im scott free, worst case; $300 deductible and my insurance goes up by 25$ a year since I lose my 10year safe drivers. And I was about to use that money on DDR4!

I had that exact same thing happen (bump in to someone when they started to go at a yield then stopped suddenly). The insurance place called me saying that I'd caused an accident, the person was complaining about whiplash, etc etc etc. Told them what happened, under 10km/h, no damage to my Civic, no damage to their car. They said "Oh really? We will call you back if there's any further action".

I never heard from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by kennah View Post
    I never heard from them again.
    Good to hear Kennah, I gave my statement last week with pretty much the same details, and I was worried if this guy decides to complain about his neck. I have a witness too.

Even some of those low speed collisions can cause interesting damage. Wife was rear ended at low speeds and due to them having a front mounted license plate, which isn't required in Alberta but they were out of province. Following transport Canada's policy about replacing car seats even in a minor accident that low speed collision went over $1200. Doesn't help that the vehicle has a more expensive tri-coat style paint.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Yeah I've had a low speed collision many years ago, (was cuased by ice, but in BC it is always drivers fault, where I know in Ab. weather can be at fault.) and I had front plate and it caused 'bolt marks' which required a $800 paint job because it was 2 tone paint. On a 85 corolla of all things, not even worth that. But this time I have no front plate, so I'm hoping.

Guess I should put that here.......Forgets battery charger at home for camera being used for wedding pics

Quote Originally Posted by MemBusX View Post
    Guess I should put that here.......Forgets battery charger at home for camera being used for wedding pics
    Quick hint, go to Amazon Prime and get a couple aftermarket batteries. Try BM batteries, they work well and are cheap.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Got another credit card fraud that i missed. Twelve hundred out of pocket.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Venom Build
    : Caselabs SMH10, 3930k, 2x GTX680, MSI BigBangII, 8x Dominators, 2 x D5 , Quad Rad, Adaptec 7805, 4x WD Red, 2x Intel 510, Aquaero 5, 11x GT
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video, XSPC H1 Cube case, Supreme HF, 2xGTX470, GA G1 Sniper, Dominators, 2x Triple rad, Triebwerk Fans, 2x D5, Custom Sleeving
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Damn that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by DazMode View Post
    Got another credit card fraud that i missed. Twelve hundred out of pocket.
    Damn, I so sorry to hear. Is there any recourse or action you can take ?
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu