EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 is a 2nd generation Vector GPU water block from the EK® Quantum Line. It is made for graphics cards based on the latest AMD® RDNA2™ architecture. This water block fits most reference PCB designs of the Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800XT, and RX 6900 GPUs. For a precise compatibility match of this water block, we recommend you refer to the EK Cooling Configurator.
EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 water block for reference AMD Radeon RX 6800 and 6900 GPUs
EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 water block is compatible with most reference design Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800XT, and 6900 graphics cards. The Vector water block directly cools the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as a cooling liquid is channelled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with power stages as well as Inductor chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine.
These newly developed water blocks feature optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. The EK-Quantum Vector Series water blocks use an Open Split-Flow cooling engine design, which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, meaning it can be used with weaker water pumps or pumps running on low-speed settings, and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performance when used in any given coolant flow orientation.
Fin array is populated by 35 micro fins with 0.6mm wide microchannels that provide optimal cooling performance, without unnecessary flow restrictions or clogging hazards.
This water block comes with a single-slot bracket PCI-E expansion for a slick and elegant look. The block is slightly thicker than one slot, to avoid having a steel bridge-plate between the VRM and core parts of the block.
The base of the block is CNC-machined out of high-grade electrolytic copper, while its top is CNC-machined out of glass-like cast Acrylic. These 2nd generation Vector GPU water blocks also feature acetal terminals. The watertight sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-rings, while brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure.
Backplate for the 6800/6900 water block
EK recommends the purchase of a retention backplate, which improves the overall aesthetics of your graphics cards, and also provides additional passive cooling for the GPU core and backside of the printed circuit board VRM and VRAM sections.
– EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 series high-performance water block
– Mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
– Necessary mounting screws, nuts, and washers
– 2x Nickel plated brass plug G1/4”
– EK-Loop Multi Allen Key (6mm, 8mm, 9mm)
– Thermal pads
– Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
– Dimensions: (LxHxW) – 283x139x16.5mm
- This block is made for reference PCB RX 6800/6900 cards.
- Due to the immense variety of fittings/barbs available on the market, we guarantee compatibility only with EK fittings.
- Factory backplates are not compatible with this water block!
- Check your toolbox if you are missing this special Hex adapter for some of the screws.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!