EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Zenith II Extreme is the 2nd generation of all-in-one monoblock (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solutions tailor-made for AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. The primary goal in designing the new sTRX4 socket EK-Quantum Momentum monoblock was to cover the entire IHS of the AMD HEDT Ryzen Threadripper processor in order to improve the overall cooling performance.
The monoblock is delivered with a CNC machined, black anodized aluminum piece that acts as a heatsink for critical components under the I/O cover, such as the network chip, and at the same time, it is the mount for the factory I/O cover, that embodies the small OLED screen.
The EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Zenith II Extreme is compatible with ASUS® ROG Zenith II Extreme motherboards that support Socket sTRX4 AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors. This monoblock is compatible with the following ASUS motherboards:
- ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme
- ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
Designed and engineered in cooperation with ASUS®, this monoblock uses the Velocity sTR4 cooling engine to ensure the best possible CPU cooling performance. It directly cools the AMD Socket sTRX4 type CPU, as well as the power regulation (MOSFET) module which spans across almost the full width of the motherboard. Using such a monoblock gets rid of the small fan that can be found on some TRX40 motherboard models.
This TRX40 platform based monoblock comes with a redesigned bigger cold plate. The new design ensures that the monoblock has mechanical contact with the entire Ryzen Threadripper processor IHS, thus enabling better thermal transfer. The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is CNC machined out of glass-like high-quality cast acrylic. The main nickel plated mounting screws and brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed so that the installation process is quick and easy.
The monoblock is equipped with a Digital RGB LED strip that connects to the dedicated digital 3-pin addressable gen2 header on the motherboard. ASUS TRX40 series motherboards use the most advanced LED system on the market allowing a new world of illumination possibilities. Using the addressable gen2 header, users can individually address color to each LED on the monoblocks integrated addressable D-RGB LED strip. The LED strip cover can easily be removed for adjusting the cable orientation or replacing the Digital LED strip with an ordinary LED strip or any other custom solution as well!
Unlike other solution on the market, this is a true one-piece, sturdy and reliable liquid cooling product which requires only two connector fittings for proper operation.
The enclosed thermal pad is used on voltage regulator modules to improve the cooling performance of the water block. For the CPU please use the enclosed (electrically non-conductive) thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm.
– EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Zenith II Extreme Monoblock
– Mounting mechanism
– Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm
– Thermal pads
CPU socket compatibility:
– AMD Socket sTRX4 for listed motherboards
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion, scale, and biological inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel-plated water block! EK is offering a selection of such products in the coolants section.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum EK Fluid Gaming parts!
- Fittings are not included! Two fittings are required for proper operation. Due to the immense variety of fittings/barbs available on the market and no prescribed standards, we guarantee compatibility only for connectors bought from our website.
- The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (A-RGB) header.