EK-Quantum Momentum TRX40 Aorus Master D-RGB is the 2nd generation of all-in-one monoblock (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solutions tailor-made for AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. The primary goal in designing the new sTRX4 socket EK-Quantum Momentum monoblock was to cover the entire IHS of the AMD HEDT Ryzen Threadripper processor in order to improve the overall cooling performance.
The EK-Quantum Momentum TRX40 Aorus Master D-RGB is compatible with the Gigabyte® Aorus TR40X motherboards that supports Socket sTRX4 AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors. This monoblock is compatible with the following Aorus motherboards:
- Aorus TRX40 Master
This TRX40 platform-based monoblock also comes with a bigger redesigned cold plate. The new design ensures the monoblock has mechanical contact with the entire 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor IHS, thus enabling better thermal transfer. The base of the monoblock is CNC-milled of the purest electrolytic copper while the top is machined the same way out of high-quality glass-like cast acrylic. The main nickel plated mounting screws and brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed, making the installation process quick and easy. The cold-plate features 91 micro-fins that span across all chiplets within AMD’s CPU, thus ensuring proper cooling for each of them, at all times, even when certain cores work in Turbo mode. It covers the critical components under the I/O cover, such as the additional VRM components and the dual network chips, with active cooling. At the same time, the factory I/O cover is fully compatible with this motherboard cooling solution.
The bottom of the water block features a CNC milled black anodized cover that houses the addressable D-RGB LED strip and also has the function of hiding the unwanted LED hotspots. Unlike other solutions on the market, this is a true one-piece, sturdy and reliable liquid cooling product that requires only two connector fittings for proper operation. The bottom left Out port is carefully placed to be on the exact same height as the EK-Quantum Vector GPU block with an EK-Quantum Torque 90° angled fitting installed to it. This makes the tube routing very clean and simple, using just one piece of tubing bent at an angle od 90° to connect it with the GPU block.
The monoblock is equipped with a D-RGB LED strip that connects to the dedicated digital 3-pin addressable D_LED header on the motherboard. Using the addressable D_LED header, users can individually address color to each LED on the monoblocks integrated addressable D-RGB LED strip. The LED strip cover can easily be removed for adjusting the cable orientation or replacing the Digital LED strip with an ordinary LED strip or any other custom solution as well.
The enclosed thermal pad is used on voltage regulator modules to improve the cooling performance of the water block. For the CPU please use the enclosed (electrically non-conductive) thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm.
– EK-Quantum Momentum TRX40 Aorus Master D-RGB Monoblock
– Mounting mechanism
– Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm
– Thermal pads
CPU socket compatibility:
– AMD Socket sTRX4 for listed motherboards
Made in Slovenia – Europe!
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion, scale, and biological inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel-plated water block! EK is offering a selection of such products in the coolant section.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum EK Fluid Gaming parts!
- Fittings are not included! Two fittings are required for proper operation. Due to the immense variety of fittings/barbs available on the market and no prescribed standards, we guarantee compatibility only for connectors bought from our website.
- The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (A-RGB) header.