EK-Supremacy MX is a reduced cost variant of EK-Supremacy EVO flagship performance water block, introduced in 2014. It has been designed to lower the production costs yet still offer premium hydraulic- and thermal performance at the best price.
EK-Supremacy MX is a reduced cost CPU water block that fits all modern Intel® LGA-115x and LGA-2011(-3) socket motherboards and comes with pre-assembled, error-preventing mounting mechanism. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time.
EK-Supremacy MX brings exceptional value for the money by providing the best in-class cooling performance. Built upon the same cooling engine as EK-Supremacy EVO it offer the same great hydraulic performance and almost identical thermal performance. The key features are:
– ultra-high thermal performance – only slightly simplied copper base allows EK-Supremacy MX to achieve almost the same cooling potential as EK-Supremacy EVO.
– very high-flow design – low hydraulic restricion allows this product to be used in setups using weaker water pumps.
– pre-assembled mounting mechanism – blazing fast installation, especially on Intel® LGA-2011(-3) platform.
The EK-Supremacy MX uses the same cooling engine as the EVO variant. The cooling liquid accelerates through jet plate’s nozzle and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels, which provide extreme heat dissipating surface area. Specifically designed and carefully machined copper base (sometimes referred to as ‘cold plate’) is made from purest copper available on the market and is further polished to absolute mirror finish. This alone greatly improves the cooling performance of EK-Supremacy MX.
The top and the insert are made from injection moulded transparent MABS polymer while the cover is made from black anodized brushed aluminum. Translucent top variants have two slots for easy installation of 3mm LED diodes.
Mounting mechanism comes pre-assembled to the CPU water blocks and is secured with a circlip to hold it in place. Such design allows for a blazing fast installation, especially on Intel® LGA-2011(-3) platforms!
CPU socket compatibility:
– Intel LGA-1150/1151/1155/1156
– Intel LGA-2011(-3)
– Intel LGA-2066
– EK-Supremacy MX series water block with pre-installed mounting mechanism
– EK-Supremacy MX Backplate (for Intel LGA-115x platforms)
– TIM / thermal grease: EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
– Torx key T20
Due to commonality of parts, the EK-Supremacy MX offers the potential for an upgrade to full EVO standard:
|Upgrade part:||Required Add-on:||2nd Required Add-on:|
|EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount – Nickel||EK-Supremacy Backplate||–|
|EK-Supremacy PreciseMount Add-On Naked Ivy||PreciseMount EVO||EK-Supremacy Backplate|
|Mounting plate Supremacy AMD – Black or Nickel||–||–|
|Mounting plate Supremacy LGA-2011 Narrow||–||–|
|EK-Supremacy Backplate||PreciseMount EVO||–|
|Supremacy EVO Copper Base – Polished||–||–|
|Supremacy EVO Copper Base – Nickel||–||–|
– Narrow server type LGA-2011 is not supported by default – a Mounting plate Supremacy LGA-2011 Narrow ILM is mandatory to install this water block on narrow server type LGA-2011 motherboards.
– EK-Supremacy MX Backplate is to be used only with Intel LGA-115x type motherboards.
– EK-Supremacy MX is not compatible with LGA-2011-3 motherboards that do not have mounting holes through the circuit board (e.g. some ASRock and Gigabyte motherboards). The problem can be remedied by purchasing separate EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount mounting mechanism.