EK-FC R9-290X Matrix is a high performance full-cover water block for ASUS custom PCB design Radeon R9-290X Matrix series graphics cards. Please check our Cooling Configurator online compatibility system for detailed compatibility list!
This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas thus allowing the graphics card and it’s VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. EK-FC R9-290X Matrix water block also features a very high flow design therefore it can be easily used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps. The cooling engine now uses refined, more narrow microchannel structure to even further improve the heat transfer.
Base is made of nickel plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality cast acrylic glass material. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for safe, painless installation procedure. Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.
G1/4″ threaded fittings can be used on both sides of the FC terminal. Flow orientation doesn’t matter and is thus not prescribed.
Up to fourEK-FC R9-290X Matrix water blocks can be used on a single ATX form factor motherboard by using EK-FC Terminal (DUAL, TRIPLE or QUAD type) system or other means of interconnectivity. Please note that EK-FC Bridge & Link system is not compatible with this water block.
– EK-FC R9-290X Matrix series water block
– mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
– thermal pads and thermal paste
Made in Slovenia – Europe!
– Fittings are not included! Due to immense variety of fittings/barbs available on market and no prescribed standards, we guarantee compatibility only for connectors bought from our web site.
– Water block ports do not align with any other EK-FC water block.
– The original ASUS factory provided backplate cannot be re-used with this water block without modification!